Start a new topic
Answered

Is there a way to save pricing or costs on items so they stick?

Good afternoon,

We purchased your software back in October I believe and I have a question for you. We are general contractors that use your program when we are quoting our client's homes that have been damaged from hurricanes or water damage and sometimes the cost is very inaccurate from what we actually have to pay out in real world expenses and we need to adjust the unit cost per item. Is there a way that we can do that and it will save it permanently so that every time we select "paint walls (1 coat)" it will have the new cost that we have adjusted it to instead of reverting back to what the program is selected to have? If not, do you have a program like that where the new cost will stay in the system instead of being overridden every time with the programs original cost?

As of right now, I have a list of items that I need to change the prices on every time I use them because their cost is too low for what we actually pay for the materials and it makes the program very inefficient and it takes a lot more time for us to do our quotes this way. I am trying to figure out a way to utilize your tool in the best possible way so we can maximize it's potential. Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Answer

Hello! 

Yes, we do provide users with a few different ways to accomplish what you're looking for, the most commonly used one is the 'LPT' or Local Pricing Table. This table allows you to store pricing for various items straight from your Virtual Scope Sheet.

To utilize this function of Simsol, open up a claim and head into your Scope of Damage. In the Scope of Damage find the item you wish to edit. Once found click to select the scope you wish to change and towards the bottom, you'll see the 'Override' button located in the Mini Override Screen. When selected you'll be able to make changes to the pricing of the item (materials, labor, equipment, or total) and select the 'LPT' button. This will save the pricing for any estimate created using the same pricing table.

I've attached some screenshots to this discussion so you can follow along. If you require additional assistance or would like to know about other options I'd be happy to help!

1 Comment

Answer

Hello! 

Yes, we do provide users with a few different ways to accomplish what you're looking for, the most commonly used one is the 'LPT' or Local Pricing Table. This table allows you to store pricing for various items straight from your Virtual Scope Sheet.

To utilize this function of Simsol, open up a claim and head into your Scope of Damage. In the Scope of Damage find the item you wish to edit. Once found click to select the scope you wish to change and towards the bottom, you'll see the 'Override' button located in the Mini Override Screen. When selected you'll be able to make changes to the pricing of the item (materials, labor, equipment, or total) and select the 'LPT' button. This will save the pricing for any estimate created using the same pricing table.

I've attached some screenshots to this discussion so you can follow along. If you require additional assistance or would like to know about other options I'd be happy to help!

Login or Signup to post a comment