Start a new topic
Answered

Detailed Trade Breakdown Explanation of each category?

Where can I find information regarding what each trade breakdown
represents?

Example: Miscellaneous Finishes 

Best Answer

Thank you for reaching out to Simsol Support. We do not currently provide a breakdown of what each trade/subtrade represents.

That being said, I'd be happy to help explain any trades or subtrades. Out of curiosity, did you have a particular item you were considering applying to the Miscellaneous Finishes subtrade?

The subtrade 'Miscellaneous Finishes' are the line items that are considered finishes items (tile, flooring, painting, etc) but do not fall into any of the following subtrades:

Lath/Plaster, Gypsum Drywall, Ceramic Tile, Terrazzo, Vinyl Flooring, Acoustical Treatments, Painting, Staining, Texturing, Wall Coverings, Wall Tile, Wood Floor Finishes, Carpet/Pad, Floor Finishes, Backer Board (Tile), Quarry Tile, Marble Tile, Stone Flooring, or Epoxy Chip Flooring.

Using the Miscellaneous Finishes would be quite rare and usually applied to custom items that would, for some reason, not fit into any of the above. To put into context how rare it would be to use, even items like re-grouting would fall into the subtrade of the type of type of tile you're re-grouting.

If you're looking to see which line items are falling under any specific trade of your estimate we do have a way for you to see this, but it is a sort of workaround. To check this out, you would need to go to your print screen, select 'Contractor Work Order', move it over to your selected print items, select the option for 'Trade Order', move over the trades/subtrades you would like to view, then print/preview. This will allow you to see what items fall into each subtrade. I have attached screenshots below for help doing this process.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

1 Comment

Answer

Thank you for reaching out to Simsol Support. We do not currently provide a breakdown of what each trade/subtrade represents.

That being said, I'd be happy to help explain any trades or subtrades. Out of curiosity, did you have a particular item you were considering applying to the Miscellaneous Finishes subtrade?

The subtrade 'Miscellaneous Finishes' are the line items that are considered finishes items (tile, flooring, painting, etc) but do not fall into any of the following subtrades:

Lath/Plaster, Gypsum Drywall, Ceramic Tile, Terrazzo, Vinyl Flooring, Acoustical Treatments, Painting, Staining, Texturing, Wall Coverings, Wall Tile, Wood Floor Finishes, Carpet/Pad, Floor Finishes, Backer Board (Tile), Quarry Tile, Marble Tile, Stone Flooring, or Epoxy Chip Flooring.

Using the Miscellaneous Finishes would be quite rare and usually applied to custom items that would, for some reason, not fit into any of the above. To put into context how rare it would be to use, even items like re-grouting would fall into the subtrade of the type of type of tile you're re-grouting.

If you're looking to see which line items are falling under any specific trade of your estimate we do have a way for you to see this, but it is a sort of workaround. To check this out, you would need to go to your print screen, select 'Contractor Work Order', move it over to your selected print items, select the option for 'Trade Order', move over the trades/subtrades you would like to view, then print/preview. This will allow you to see what items fall into each subtrade. I have attached screenshots below for help doing this process.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Login or Signup to post a comment