Start a new topic
Answered

Markup Adjustments to Entire Estimate and/or Database

Markup Adjustments to Entire Estimate and/or Database

Talked to an adjuster last week about Mark-ups. I want to globally mark-up all items in a claim for labor, materials, and equipment AND for all types of work (Remove, replace, Paint/finish, etc) EXCEPT I want a prompt to confirm the line-items I have already edited manually.

The adjuster told me this was the easiest way to make adjustments to the Simsol cost database. We are general contractors working the Hurricane Harvey storm.

Best Answer

Thank you for reaching out to us about this, I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

First, make sure you're outside of any claims and select the 'Maintain' tab at the top of your Simsol program. Under Maintain, select 'Preferences' then select the checkbox "Enable Location Factor Mark-Up" located in System Preferences.

Once the feature has been enabled open the claim you would like to adjust and select the 'Building Estimate' cover page with the padlock. On this page, select the 'Location' button then enter in your Mark-Ups in the appropriate fields.

After entering your Mark-Ups, select the Yellow Shield in the upper left-hand corner to show a prompt for each overridden line item. Hit 'Done', you can then confirm or deny these items as they appear.

If you need any additional help with this process, please let us know.

1 Comment

Answer

Thank you for reaching out to us about this, I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

First, make sure you're outside of any claims and select the 'Maintain' tab at the top of your Simsol program. Under Maintain, select 'Preferences' then select the checkbox "Enable Location Factor Mark-Up" located in System Preferences.

Once the feature has been enabled open the claim you would like to adjust and select the 'Building Estimate' cover page with the padlock. On this page, select the 'Location' button then enter in your Mark-Ups in the appropriate fields.

After entering your Mark-Ups, select the Yellow Shield in the upper left-hand corner to show a prompt for each overridden line item. Hit 'Done', you can then confirm or deny these items as they appear.

If you need any additional help with this process, please let us know.

Login or Signup to post a comment