Start a new topic
Answered

Off-Ridge Roof Vents

I write for roofs all the time in Florida and Simsol does not have off ridge
roof vents in the program. It would be great if these could be included in the next update.

Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll go ahead and forward this to our database developers to see if it's something they'll be able to add in on future releases. I did speak with an onsite adjuster who said you may have luck using the box/ turtle vents in our system in the meantime.

Alternatively, you can create a custom line item to be added to your own database. All you'll need to do to create this would be to select the 'Custom' button toward the top of your VSS, type in the information related to the off-ridge roof vent, select the 'My DB' button, and then select 'Done'. Once this has been done, you'll be able to access your My DB in other claims that may need the particular line item by simply selecting the 'My DB' button at the top of the VSS.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or questions.

1 Comment

Answer

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll go ahead and forward this to our database developers to see if it's something they'll be able to add in on future releases. I did speak with an onsite adjuster who said you may have luck using the box/ turtle vents in our system in the meantime.

Alternatively, you can create a custom line item to be added to your own database. All you'll need to do to create this would be to select the 'Custom' button toward the top of your VSS, type in the information related to the off-ridge roof vent, select the 'My DB' button, and then select 'Done'. Once this has been done, you'll be able to access your My DB in other claims that may need the particular line item by simply selecting the 'My DB' button at the top of the VSS.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions or questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment