Start a new topic
Answered

Locating Wainscoting in the VSS

Could you tell me what line item would be used for this wall item photo? I have several claims with this type of paneling that most people call wainscot but in the program, it appears that wainscot is a trim and is used by the LF. Could you help me locate the best line item for this type of paneling? 

Best Answer

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. Wainscoting is an ambiguous line-item because, in reality, Wainscoting, by definition, is merely the lower portion of an interior wall whose surface differs from that of the upper wall. This means that the material itself could be comprised of various things (e.g. vinyl, wood, pre-finished, hardwood, plywood etc.).

The typical operation in Simsol would be to utilize one of either the Plywood\Hardboard, Hardwood\Plywood, T&G or other wall paneling items from the Wall Interior Finishes category. Most "real" and traditional Wainscoting is a hardwood or oak material that is sanded\sealed after installation. In many newer applications a pre-finished product may be used. After you've made your selection of the type of material and you've addressed sanding\sealing if necessary, you can add that Wainscoting cap moulding which you mentioned in your initial query.

I hope this information is beneficial to you. If you need any additional assistance, please let us know.

1 Comment

Answer

Thank you for contacting Simsol Support. Wainscoting is an ambiguous line-item because, in reality, Wainscoting, by definition, is merely the lower portion of an interior wall whose surface differs from that of the upper wall. This means that the material itself could be comprised of various things (e.g. vinyl, wood, pre-finished, hardwood, plywood etc.).

The typical operation in Simsol would be to utilize one of either the Plywood\Hardboard, Hardwood\Plywood, T&G or other wall paneling items from the Wall Interior Finishes category. Most "real" and traditional Wainscoting is a hardwood or oak material that is sanded\sealed after installation. In many newer applications a pre-finished product may be used. After you've made your selection of the type of material and you've addressed sanding\sealing if necessary, you can add that Wainscoting cap moulding which you mentioned in your initial query.

I hope this information is beneficial to you. If you need any additional assistance, please let us know.

Login or Signup to post a comment