Start a new topic
Solved

Error Message: "Cannot perform this operation on an open dataset"

I am trying to make corrections on an estimate that I was working on. When I try to open the "Scope of damage" under the "Building estimate" this pops up "Cannot perform this operation on an open dataset"...........any suggestions?

1 Comment

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We can generally clear this error with relative ease. I would like you to shut down Simsol completely and make sure that the Claimswire upload utility in the System Tray (it's a globe icon located by your Windows date and time that you may or may not have) is also shut down. You can right click on this utility (globe) and select 'Shutdown' to close it. If Windows will not allow you to shut Simsol down you can access the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and end the Simsol (SFWProp.exe) and Claimswire (CW_Uploader.exe) processes from the Processes menu of the Task Manager. Do the same with the Warehouse Utility, if you have it the icon will look like a White House with a Red Roof in the same location as the Claimswire Globe. If you do see this, right click and choose shutdown.

From this point, navigate to Start>All Programs>Simsol Products>DBUtils>Delete Lock and Net Utility. Once this opens, make sure that the C:\ drive is selected in the drop-down menu at the top and then press the 'Start' button at the bottom left. Once the start button has returned, the utility has completed. From this point, click 'Close' to exit the utility. This utility will search the system for any Paradox lock or net files that should be removed from memory and may be locking certain program files from being accessed.

Login or Signup to post a comment