The transfer process allows you to still keep the old files on your old computer as a backup (provided the Simsol directory is not deleted), but will transfer over all claims, preferences, and settings over to the new computer.
Transferring Simsol is easy, but it may take a little time to do so depending on the number of claims you have inside of your program. To get started, you'll want to have an external hard-drive or USB stick handy.
- Shut Simsol down and plug in an external drive (i.e. USB drive) to your old computer
- Navigate to your computer's C drive and locate the Simsol folder
- Note: the Simsol folder contains all of your data - be sure to leave this folder on the old computer until your files are fully moved and registered on the new device)
- Right-click on the Simsol folder and select 'Copy'
- Open your USB drive and right click to select 'Paste'. Let this process completely copy over
- Once the Simsol folder is on the USB drive unplug the stick and plug it into the new computer
- Copy and paste the Simsol folder from the USB drive to the C drive of your new computer
- Once the folder is on the C drive, unplug the USB drive from the computer
- You'll then save and run these two downloads in this order: 1. BDE install 2. Simsol Update
- Once the installs have completed, you'll find the Simsol icon on your desktop. Click to open.
- Finally, you'll just need to transfer over your license. To do so, contact our registration team at 1(800)447-4676 x2.